SBA UPDATES ITS PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) DOCUMENT
On Wednesday, May 13, 2020, the Small Business Administration (SBA), in consultation with the Department of the Treasury, posted timely additional guidance to address borrower and lender questions concerning the implementation of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), established by section 1102 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act or the Act). This document will be updated on a regular basis. The full FAQs can be found here.
LATEST WEST VIRGINIA COVID-19
BUSINESS RE-OPENING INFORMATION
Over the past few days, the additional business and activity re-openings have been announced, including indoor dining, retail stores, outdoor activities and more. Here is the latest information, including links to specific details, for entities permitted to reopen beginning Thursday, May 21, with certain limitations:
- Indoor dining at restaurants
- Large/specialty retail stores
- State park campgrounds for in-state residents only (Guidance for ALL campgrounds)
- Hatfield McCoy Trail System
- Outdoor recreation rentals (Kayaks, bicycles, boats, rafts, canoes, ATVs, and similar equipment)
- Outdoor motorsport and powersport racing with no spectators
- Tanning businesses
- Whitewater Rafting and ziplining-details to be announced.
- Note for lodging facilities: The executive order requiring out-of-state travelers to self-quarantine will be lifted in Week 4. In accordance with this change, additional guidance documents are available for hotels, motels, condo hotels, rental properties, and cabins.
Effective May 18, 2020: Gymnasiums and health clubs. Details to be announced.
The executive order requiring out-of-state travelers to self-quarantine is also currently scheduled to be lifted during Week 4 (beginning May 21). In accordance with this scheduled change, new guidance documents are available for hotels, motels, condo hotels, rental properties, and cabins.
In addition to the reopening of campgrounds at West Virginia state parks to in-state residents, some public restrooms will also be reopened with proper sanitization protocols in place.
Several additional types of businesses and entities will be permitted to reopen in the weeks ahead. The opening schedule will be based upon the recommendations of state medical experts and upon testing data available at that time. https://governor.wv.gov/Pages/The-Comeback.aspx