GO-WV’s mission is to support and advocate for our 600 member companies and their thousands of employees, as they contribute to the growth and prosperity of West Virginia by safely providing reliable clean energy to meet the needs of our state and our nation.
The Gas and Oil Association of WV, Inc. (GO-WV), is a non-profit corporation working to promote and protect all aspects of the oil and natural gas industry in West Virginia, including:
- The exploration, drilling, production, gathering, processing, interstate transportation, local distribution, marketing and sale of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs).
- The use of natural gas for electric power generation, and the use of oil, natural gas and NGLs as fuel sources and as raw materials in chemical and manufacturing processes.
- Encouraging and projecting a unity of purpose in the industry.
- Educating people about the industry and the benefits it brings to West Virginia and its people.
- Promoting and fostering vocational, technical, and professional educational opportunities for those seeking to work in the industry.
- Informing elected and appointed governmental representatives and key decision-makers of the environmental and economic benefits of using oil, natural gas and NGLs.
- Helping advance and grow the oil and natural gas industry and protecting fair-market prices.