Who We Are
The Gas and Oil Association of WV, Inc. (GO-WV), is a non-profit corporation working to promote and protect all aspects of the oil and natural gas industry in West Virginia, including:
- The exploration, drilling, production, gathering, processing, interstate transportation, local distribution, marketing and sale of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs).
- The use of natural gas for electric power generation, and the use of oil, natural gas and NGLs as fuel sources and as raw materials in chemical and manufacturing processes.
- Encouraging and projecting a unity of purpose in the industry.
- Educating people about the industry and the benefits it brings to West Virginia and its people.
Promoting and fostering vocational, technical, and professional educational opportunities for those seeking to work in the industry.
Informing elected and appointed governmental representatives and key decision-makers of the environmental and economic benefits of using oil, natural gas and NGLs.
- Helping advance and grow the oil and natural gas industry and protecting fair-market prices.
GOWV was born in December 2020 when members of the Independent Oil and Gas Association of West Virginia (IOGAWV) and the West Virginia Oil and Natural Gas Association (WVONGA) voted to combine into one unified trade association.
With the merger of these two great associations, the industry is better positioned now to advocate for public policy that will help grow this vital industry. It also provides for a singularly focused voice when it comes to publicizing our industry’s positive economic and environmental impact on this state, region and nation.
Combining the strengths of these two influential groups into one dynamic and powerful organization will bring renewed vitality as we work to advance West Virginia’s economy. The merger also provides a unique opportunity to share best safety practices and exhibit environmental stewardship across many diverse industry sectors.