The Independent Oil and Gas Association of West Virginia wishes to remind you that applications open TODAY for the West Virginia CARES Act Small Business Grant Program. The full details are included below.
|Governor Justice’s WV CARES Act Small Business Grant Program provides West Virginia’s small businesses—the backbone of the West Virginia economy—much needed relief by granting up to $5,000 to West Virginia small businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Small businesses are eligible if they:
• Have between 1 and 35 full time employees (at least 1 of which is not also an owner/member/shareholder of the business)
• Have their principle place of business in WV
• Were qualified to do business in WV and in operation as of February 29, 2020
• Are currently and intend to remain qualified to do business in WV and in operation for at least the next twelve months
• Are in good standing with the State Tax Department and WorkForce West Virginia
• Are a for-profit business
• Are not in violation of any state order or decree (e.g., mine safety, DEP citations, etc.)
• Are not presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or otherwise excluded from participation in any federal grant program, and are not presently a debtor in any pending bankruptcy (including any owners of the business)
• Have suffered eligible expenses and/or losses because of the COVID-19 pandemic
Eligible expenses and losses include direct out of pocket expenses, such as purchases of PPE for staff and costs of re-stocking inventory in order to reopen, as well as losses due to business closures, reduced sales, or suspended operations. A complete list of eligible expenses and losses is provided on the web site listed below.
The process for applying for WV CARES Act Small Business Grant funds begins by becoming a registered Vendor in the wvOASIS system. You must be a registered Vendor to receive WV CARES Act Small Business Grant funds. An eligible business can apply to be a registered Vendor—without needing to pay the typical $125 fee for registration as a Vendor—in wvOASIS at https://www.wvoasis.gov/, and clicking “VSS.”
You will also need to register for electronic funds transfer (EFT), at https://www.wvsao.gov/ElectronicPayments/Default
Beginning today, Monday, July 13, applications will open for registered vendors. You will need your Vendor number to begin the application process. Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2020.
All information can be found by visiting: