Thursday, March 6, 2024 | 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Lunch provided
Encova (Kanawha & Elk Conference Rooms), 400 Quarrier Street, Charleston, WV
The Gas and Oil Association of West Virginia (GO-WV) is excited to announce the revitalization of the association safety discount program with Encova Insurance. This program presents the opportunity for GO-WV members that are also Encova policyholders to receive a discount on their annual workers’ compensation premium. To be eligible to receive the determined discount, there are certain criteria that must be complied with and maintained throughout the policy year. The discount itself is calculated each year based on the previous years’ performance for those eligible members. In addition to the available discount, there are many other benefits of the partnership. Those include a safe workplace, reduced premium, improved claims management and long-term safe culture development.
To qualify for participation in the discount program, a member must meet the minimum expectations outlined below.
- Be a member of GO-WV and a policyholder of Encova Insurance.
- Achieve and maintain a loss ratio of 65% or less.
- Report claims within 48 hours of loss.
- Implement of formal return-to-work program.
- Attend at least one safety seminar per year sponsored by GO-WV or Encova. Online course completion through SafetySource is also acceptable.
- Implement and maintain an effective Safety and Loss Control program that includes at a minimum the following elements:
- Formal declaration of a company-wide loss prevention and control policy that is endorsed and signed by top company management.
- Formal creation of a safety committee and identification of a safety coordinator.
- Clearly define and make available safety and loss prevention rules/policies/best practices.
- Provide safety awareness and loss prevention training to employees.
- Establish written policies and procedures on claims management.
Again, we are excited to offer this program and discount opportunity to our eligible members and hope that we can continue to grow this partnership with Encova moving forward as it can benefit the members and the overall association. Most importantly, it helps drive efforts to keep the employees in our industry safe and returning home to their families each day!
Participants will include members from all Encova association discount programs. The purpose of this event is to inform GO-WV members of the benefits of the Encova Safety Program. There is no fee and lunch will be provided. Attendees should include current participants in the Encova Safety Program as well as GO-WV members that are interested in learning more about the potential for their business.
For additional information or questions regarding the program or eligibility requirements, please feel free to contact Jason Porter, GO-WV Safety Committee Chair. Jason can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at 304-542-9191.
Register for attendance below.